Version 1.1 – March 2018
Who are we?
Learnal gives you the tools to capture, share and enhance your learning experiences.
We are Learnal Ltd. (Company number: 09514376) operating as Learnal.
We want you to enjoy using our website, app and integration tools and to ensure a safe and friendly environment for everyone. These terms of service are your agreement with us.
If you have any questions about your personal information please contact us.
- You need to be over the age of 16 to register and use our website, app and integration tools.
- You need to be resident in a country not currently embargoed by the European Union or United Kingdom.
- You need to represent yourself accurately, truthfully and fairly. For example, you must not try to impersonate someone else or create a false profile.
Security and Privacy
While we make every effort to ensure the continuing security of our services such as providing secure connections and encryption, you are also responsible for maintaining the security of your account.
- We recommend choosing a strong password and never sharing your login information.
- Do not compromise your own security or the security of others by uploading viruses, bots, worms, script exploits, or other similar materials.
Content and Acceptable Use
You own all of the content and personal information you share (what’s yours is yours), but you also grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free license to use it on this site only.
- Be careful what personal information you share online. For example, never share sensitive personal information such as credit card details or social security numbers.
- We are a community of learners, so please be respectful when interacting with others. You can flag materials and messages which breach our guidelines so we can investigate. For example:
- Do not share pornography or sexually explicit, offensive or illegal material.
- Do not share material which is fraudulent, deceptive or considered “spam”.
- Do not share violent material or material that promotes self-harm.
- Do not share material or use our platform to promote extremism or terrorism.
- Do not attack others who share different opinions to your own.
- Do not attack others based on their race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or other characteristics.
We always try and respect the intellectual property of others and will never knowingly allow material which is subject to copyright to be shared.
- Respect the copyright of others by not sharing content which belongs to someone else.
- If you come across something on our site which belongs to someone else, please contact us to resolve the issue.
Using our API and Integration Tools
Our APIs enable the secure sharing of content outside our website and app.
As a user, we will always check that you are happy for your information to be accessed in this way, for example, by checking each time you connect a new service to our API.
If you are a developer and want to use this service, you need to agree to our developer terms of service.
If things go wrong
If you have a problem, please contact us and we will do our best to fix it quickly for you.
You can close your account via secure login to our website or app. We can close your account by giving you three months’ notice. We may close or suspend your account immediately if you have broken the terms of this agreement.