Version 1.1 – March 2018
Who are we?
Learnal gives you the tools to capture, share and enhance your learning experiences.
We are Learnal Ltd. (Company number: 09514376) operating as Learnal.
If you have any questions about your personal information please contact us.
What information do we hold about you?
- When you sign up, you are asked to provide details such as your name, email address, telephone number and birthday. If you register with a third party social network, this will be linked to your personal information.
- Learning activities and other information you submit through our website, app or integration tools which may include photos, certificates and more.
- Information you give us explicit permission to access on your computer or phone such as your address book, photos or location.
- Details we collect about how you use the website, app or integration tools such as IP addresses and operating systems.
- We do not hold information classed as sensitive.
How do we use your information?
- Managing and personalising your account, including organising and presenting your information.
- Tracking, analysing and improving the services we provide you.
- Identifying high-level trends and patterns in your information when aggregated with other users, such as how you compare to users with a similar profile.
- Communicating with you about news and product information if you opt-in.
- Communicating with you about essential operational information such as forgotten passwords.
Accessing your information
- Access to your information is via secure login to our website, app or API.
- You can download your information at any time in a portable format (JSON) through your account page.
- You can close your account through your account page. Closing your account will permanently delete any information and files you have stored with us.
Who else can access your information?
- Anyone you choose to explicitly share your information with, for example sharing your learning with an employer, mentor or peer or sharing via social media.
- Your employer or training organisation may require you to share some of your information as part of your employment contract or training agreement with them. An example of this is compliance information related to your employment or training course. If this is the case, we will let you know directly and take steps to protect any information that is not relevant to that organisation.
- Third parties you choose to explicitly share your information with, for example via our interfaces and APIs.
- Anyone who works for us, but only for the purpose of service delivery and support provision and always in the strictest confidence.
- If we are required by law to disclose your personal information, we may share it with law enforcement authorities.
What we won’t do with your information
- We will never share or sell your personal information unless it is anonymised.
- We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need to.
- We will only share your learning records with your explicit consent, unless required by law.
Where your information is stored
We’re based in East Yorkshire and all the information you choose to share is stored carefully and securely in the United Kingdom.
We’re registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA174261.
We also use functional cookies to ensure Learnal operates correctly but these are not used for tracking.
You can find out more about Cookies here: www.allaboutcookies.org
As a registered user, we will always be up-front with you about privacy and let you know if we plan on making any changes.